Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Moving On

So,

Today I gave my work notice. My thesis advisor is totally on board with my project, and very soon I will buy my one way ticket back to the Golden State. I am terrified and Excited. I plan on arriving in SF in a few weeks with two bags my wallet, my passport and a pack of smokes. I dont know where I am staying or what I am doing, but I cant wait. The last week of August I will be in Black Rock City, NV for the annual Burning Man festival. Then I will make my way to Cold Springs, CA for some mountain air, some quiet, some exercise, and some manual labor. I left Cold Springs a day before I arrived in NYC, and maybe, for circularity's sake, I will arrive in Cold Springs a day after I leave NYC. They are universes apart, and that is exactly what I need right now. There it is. More plans later.

mmmillican

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Mikey! Dang your life sounds so exciting when I read your adventures! What a rock star!

Thecranewife said...

Welcome home.

If you happen to make it down to Santa Cruz I will totally buy you a (really cheap) beer.

Julia said...

So, this was freaking forever ago. Where have you been since?