Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Blood Kin




Ceridwen Dovey

Also,

If you get the chance. Check out Ceridwen Dovey's premiere novel Blood Kin. For those of you who like Coetzee or Kafka, you will enjoy this woman's text. She mixes desire and politics in a a tumultuous and exciting manner. And she writes men pretty well. I dont know how she writes women, because I am not a woman, so How would I know? Although I did have a gay man call me a women the other evening because I thought it was unwise to sleep with a woman after only knowing her for an hour. But go figure. HE was a gay, mans-man, and I guess I am a heterosexual woman's man. Sounds good to me. Anyways, Dovey is also an Anthro PHD @ NYU. She definitely makes me feel inadequate, especially since she is merely a year older than I and is obviously a literary genie. How I enjoy the new literati. Anyways. Check her out. www.ceridwendovey.com Now it is really time for bed.

Regarding the last post: It was a 1908 meets 1988 party; not 1808. Rock

Party Flyer by Aaron Berger:



So, in lieu of a consistent party theme, we put our heads together and came up with something for everyone. Its Bohemians vs. Yuppies, William Howard Taft vs. Ronald Regan. Absinthe vs. Pepsi, the advent of Cubism vs. the advent of the Simpsons. Whether you prefer seminal events such as the creation of the FBI, or the Revelation of the Iran Contra affair, this party is for you. 100 years since the invention of the Boy Scouts and 20 years since we first elected a Bush to the White House, it is time to celebrate these great achievements in Human History. So strap on your high-hat or your head-band and get ready to rock out, or midly enjoy an evening with the green fairy. Whether you like Mahler's Symphony No. 2, Madonna, or the contemporary stuff, we'll have you covered. Bring any refreshments you would like (Absinthe and/or Schlithz Malt-Liquor are highly recommended, depending on which era you prefer). Any and All friends are more than welcome. Especially if they are attractive to all genders...

When: Friday May 16th @ Party Time…

Where: 801 Driggs Ave. #4 Brooklyn, NY

What: (see above)

How: Anyway you want it

Who: Aaron and Mike and all of you!

Why: You know why…Because it's Friday, and you ain't got shit to do!

No comments: