Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Darina Karpov

Darina Karpov- Loophole


Last Friday I went to a gallery opening featuring the work of Darina Karpov. Karpov in an American educated Russian artist inspired by the french new novel and crazy russian and italian filmakers that I know little or nothing about. Her works are Escher meets Klimt meets Picasso, meets Polloack meets whoever. They play with scale, with line, movement, narrative..... they invite you to read them, however each piece avoids writing at all costs, even playing with the image of a scrabble board before forcing the observer to seek something other image in the board... I dont really have too much to say about her, except that 1. she is hot and 2. her pictures make me feel like I am on another planet. OK that is all. Check her out. Rock...... Oh, and I will have pictures soon of my 1808 meets 1988 party up soon. Wait until you see the moustie I have been working on... he he he..... talk about sleazy. Later.

No comments: