Monday, May 12, 2008

The venerable, elusive and infamous Hipster...

ahh hipsters.... what are we to do with you.... your greasy hair, or ill trimmed beards... your blank stare of apathy and elitism... Why are you so cool? Actually... why do you think you are so cool...? Trust me, I understand the attractiveness of a PBR and lime and a shot of whatever brown fluid passes for a rye whiskey behind your favorite shady, grimy, fly-infested, termite ridden ancient hole-in-the-wall of a bar. I too have been known to dabble...but honestly, cant you think of something else to talk about other the than that ultra-new, ultra unknown, ultra-young, ultra hip, ultra-nerdy, transgedered, bisexual indie orchestra you saw last weekend @ that place, you know, in the lower-east side... you know the one I am talking about.... right?... Damn, why cant I remember.... Oh yeah, that's right. I actually dont remember the show, because I was so blown out of my mind on yeo that I think I was actually in Bushwick, not the LES... hmm.... maybe it was a dream.... I mean honestly!!!! You know there is actually stuff going on in NYC that doesnt happen in the LES and Bushwick... and stop trying to tell me that you dont think Williamsburg is as hip as it used to be... just because you cant afford the rent on your barback/ free-lance "graphic designer" paycheck... Alright, now who is being elitist.... I digress... You will all return to Willy-burg this summer for the pool-parties and the san-loco taqueria.... I know you, and I know what you crave.... you crave girls who just cant figure out what look they are going for, so they become an entire conglomerate of shapes and colors and fabrics, and accessories and sunglasses, that it impossible to tell what they really look like in the low light of your favorite dive... I mean, layering clothes looks great, IN THE WINTER!!!! but when it is 90 degrees with 90% humidity is it really necessary to where ten shades of black? Yes you look hip... but you are also drenched in your own girl glow... OK sorry... I love making fun of hipsters... The funny thing is that the hipsters crack the best jokes about their fellow hips. OK, There will be more on this later. One thing I can say that is good about the hips.... they are voting Obama, so maybe they are not so bad after all. Later skaters...

3 comments:

Thecranewife said...

Q: How many hipsters does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: *sigh* What? You don't know?

Ariela said...

omg does this mean I'm a hipster too now that I'm moving to the heart of the burg....or have i been HIP all along?!? (cue hitchcock psycho scream)

Julia said...

Stop making fun of my kind!
;)