Thursday, May 8, 2008

A funny NYC moment

So, here I am again... it has been less than a day and I am writing again. But I wanted to share a funny story that my friend Jeff Desira told me on Cinco de Mayo when Jeff had a solo acoustic show @ a place called anyway cafe in the east village on 2nd ave. and 2nd st., which is a great russian vodka bar, with a amazing infused vodka drinks. Jeff turned me onto the Dill-horseradish infused martini, garnished with a cocktail pickle that is absolutely delicious. The bar/restaurant is small but there is live music everynight and if you are lucky, like me, beautiful russian bartenders willing to buyback some martinis for you. Ok, now to the story. I will tell it from Jeff's perspective, so you all dont have to worry about my third person view point.

"So I was leaving the bike-shop where I work with one of my co-workers ,and as we start to cross the street Danny Devito walks ahead of us, and my oblivious coworker, answering his cell phone says 'Hey how are you?' Devito turns around and responds to my coworker, thinking that he was talking to him, and says "Hello, doing very well, how are you?" My coworker looks at him with a blank stare and says "Not you, I am on the phone!" and turns away rudely. Dumbfounded, I call after Devito as he gets into his car, 'Have a nice day Mr. Devito,' and the man leans his head out the window and smiles and says thank you."

I thought this was hilarious. It might not translate well to blog form, but I nearly busted my gut. Alright more soon. Later on

1 comment:

Ariela said...

ok ps if you're looking for the creme de la creme of horseradish dill martinis you can of course look no further than me and jeff's kitchen, but really even better (but FAR more expensive) is the one at PRAVDA on broadway right below Houston...uh.maze.ing.